Monday 22 December 2014

Tonsillitis!

Jay just recovered from a 2 day viral fever and on the very next day Jo got the fever too. She was whimpering in our bed in the morning and I found out that she was burning up.

Having 2 kids, fever is no longer anything to be anxious about. So we just gave her paracetamol and monitor her. But by afternoon, her fever still has not subsided at all, so we took her to the GP at Mum's place. The doctor couldn't find any other symptoms, so he just prescribed her the usual fever meds and told us to go hospital if the fever doesnt go down.

2nd day and her fever is still here. At lunch time she (wouldn't? couldn't?) eat her lunch. Base on a hunch I used a flashlight and looked in her throat. It's red, swollen and covered in ulcers!!!! I'm not a doctor but it's obviously not an average case of sore throat!! My 1st guess was HFMD? And I worry because of Jay.

So after Jay fell asleep for his nap, Cobby watched Jay while I brought Jo to Khoo Teck Phuat Hospital A&E. Its a Saturday afternoon so most GP are closed. The A&E is packed!!

We waited for sooo long... There were posters everywhere asking non emergency cases to go to the GP instead. I was bombarded with guilt! But the GPs were closed and what if its HFMD?

When we finally saw the doctor she diagnosed it as Tonsillitis and gave her antibiotics.

It painful... you can't eat, you can't drink and you're in pain all the time. As a parent, you feel so helpless watching this happen to your child. But at the same time, the constant whining and resistance  to eat and drink is really driving me mad!!

I really hope she gets better soon. For both our sakes..

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment