Thursday 25 July 2013

Racial Harmony Day 2013

It's Racial Harmony Day again and this year it's the 1st time Jolie's celebrating in her new school.

As usual, nearing this date many people would suggest that she wear the Korean hanbok that my sis bought from Korea awhile back. I never could understand that. Aren't you suppose to wear the traditional outfit of YOUR ethnic group? We are not Koreans, why wear a hanbok??

Like the teachers at her playgroup, her Chinese teachers were dressed up in Indian outfits. Nice, but... but... but...why?

Anyway, I stuck to my principles and let Jo wear her Chinese New Year outfit. I think she looks lovely. Like her playgroup, parents were asked to bring some "traditional snacks". But unlike the playgroup, parents were not invited to join in! Hmph...

So I had to think of a snack thats:

1. Kids friendly

2. Not too big portion cuz other parents bringing food too

3. Traditional

In the end I bought a box of kueh bangkit from Bengawan Solo. Perfect! But after school Jolie told me that they didn't even get to eat the kueh bangkit cause there was too much food. But since I didn't get my biscuits back, I guess the teachers and staff "makan" already loh...

With each passing year I can see how much she has grown. Last year she still looks a little kiddy. This year she looks like a little lady. Did i ever mention that she's four years old but she's the size of a 6 year old!? Yah. But because of this I think I sometimes expect too much from her.

I think I expect her to behave like a 6 year old, which is quite unfair for her, so I occasionally have to remind myself that she's only 4 and thus should be allowed to act like one.

Sigh soon her toddler years would be behind her. When did my baby girl grow up!?

No comments:

Post a Comment