Monday 22 June 2015

Hong Kong June 2015 - Day 1

Do you still say you woke up when you hardly slept a wink? The alarm clock went off at around 3am and I want to die. I even made a conscious effort of sleep early, but as usual, I couldn't sleep. Too many things floating around my head! Did I pack everything? What if the babies got MERS in Hong Kong? Did I miss out anything? Heck it. Let's get moving.

We got everything ready and left the house right on schedule. The babies were more awake than I expected and were quite excited in the taxi. Both Cobby and I were so sleepy. Where did their energy come from? So we checked in at the airport, went straight into the departure hall and washed up the babies.

When we boarded the plane, I first noticed that it's a Tigerair plane instead of Scoot plane. (they partnered up) The plane was the typical budget airline plane. Small, cramp and worned out. I don't know why, but Jayden was so cranky throughout the flight. He was kicking the chair (thankfully the seat in front was empty), whining, crying and making loads of trouble. They only took a short nap before the plane finally landed. Thank god. I hate flying.

Since it was still too early for lunch, we went straight to the hotel and even managed to check in early. Yeah! Oh my god the Family Room at the Eaton Hotel Hong Kong is FABULOUS!!!

There's a queen sized bed for Cobby and I in the main room with a fabulous view of the whole Nathan Road.

 photo 20150622_120409_zpsqbtptbvf.jpg


 photo 2015-06-22 12.07.20_zpsgfgiulz4.jpg


There's a bunk bed and sofa in the kid's room. Having a bunk bed was Jolie's wish, so I was happy I made it happened. :)

 photo 20150622_120249_zpscooc0uag.jpg

They gave EACH CHILD a free bagpack and activity book. Talk about customer delight!!!

 photo 20150622_120421_zpsgxivdqwt.jpg


There's free Wifi in the hotel with no password. And they even provide a complimentary handphone with free 3G and free local calls.

 photo 20150622_121521_zpsg1chamei.jpg


This is SUPER USEFUL for modern day tourists! I used it a lot for checking out where to eat and shop, and not forgetting the most important feature, GOGGLE MAP! BEST ITEM EVER. I think every hotel, even Singapore, should provide this.

There's also a TV in both sections of the room. Jolie likes to watch her cartoons in "her room" when we were relaxing in the hotel room. The toilet is clean and with a rain shower head! So shiok to have a warm rain shower after a long flight!

I think the Family room was a new addition to the hotel, so everything is clean and new. It's not very spacious, but it's really considered very big by Hong Kong standards. Most hotel rooms and even residential homes are very tight and narrow, so I think our room has met all my expectations. So happy and proud that I found this place!! Highly recommended for families! Check out their website!

 photo 20150622_121726_zps3n36uktf.jpg


Jayden share my sentiments...

 photo 120150622_121608_zpslxy8qrvj.jpg


After an awesome rain shower to wash away our exhaustion, we headed out for lunch. We noticed there was a beef noodle shop just opposite our hotel, so we headed there. Out of a sudden it started raining and we had to ask the kind hotel staff to ferry us across the street using the hotel umbrella. Made a mental note to buy some umbrellas for this trip!

The beef noodles looked good, the beef brisket tasted good, but the soup and noodles were abit meh.. Oh well, this is just for sustenance. We just needed some food in the tummy before naptime.

 photo 20150622_123401_zpslikqvvmq.jpg


After a nap we were recharged and headed out to (庙街) Temple Street, which was just a few minutes away from our hotel. Sweet... We bought a selfie stick JUST for this trip. Nice to join the obnoxious community of taking photos with a stick in the middle of the road. Haha... so sue me. I'm a tourist! (just noticed there's a couple at the background taking a photo with a selfie stick too. LOL)

 photo 2015-06-22 17.42.43_zpsclmydvo8.jpg


Jolie posing with a fan she just bought to match her dress..

 photo 2015-06-22 17.34.14_zpsbhl4civj.jpg


Can't come to HK and not eat some greasy street food!

 photo 20150622_175723_zpsf1q37as9.jpg


The night market was a little late in setting up. Maybe it's the rain? Maybe it's Monday? I don't know. But it was easier when it's less crowded. We bought two cute little wind-up dancing robots and some fans that night.

By the way if you constantly use alot of hair products, drop by Temple street! There's a shop that sells wholesale professional hair products. From shampoo to treatment, even hair colour and anything you need in a salon you can find them in wholesale price. 都市专业美发品: Hong Kong, 廟街224

I didn't really plan for 1st night's dinner so we just walked down the streets of Nathan Road, window shopping and enjoying Hong Kong's atmosphere.

 photo 20150622_193828_zpsah4ohyin.jpg


We walked by Yoshinoya and I remembered how much I always enjoyed Hong Kong's Yoshinoya beef bowl. So a warm bowl of rice and meat sounds like a perfect way to end a day. You know how Yoshinoya tasted SOOO good when they 1st started out in Singapore? Yah that's how good it still is in HK. The standard is just different! Give it a try next time you go HK.

We walked so far we almost reached Mong Kok, so we turned back. So tired, many ups and downs today, but it was a nice 1st day. Need to rest, tomorrow we attack Disneyland!

No comments:

Post a Comment