Wednesday 12 September 2012

Happy 32rd Birthday to me!

On the early morning of my birthday, while we were still sleeping, Cobby suddenly received a sms. "Must be one of them slave drivers... crazy leh, sms people so early in the morning." I thought, as people from Cobby's work usually have zero EQ and love to call or sms people even when they are on leave or during after work hours. I thought nothing of it as I laze in bed and Cobby stumbled out of the room. But got a really pleasant surprise when he came back into the room and magically presented me with the most gorgeous bouquet of red roses!


Apparently it was the flower delivery guy who sms-ed him, telling him that they had arrived early, that's why he had to get out of bed and go to the door to get the flowers. Haha... So sweet!!! By then Jolie had joined us in bed and was quite upset when she found out that it was my birthday. She was sad that it WASN'T her birthday and SHE didn't get any presents! Haha, oops, this silly girl!

Cobby had arranged a nice lunch for us at Pizzeria Mozza, a pizzeria opened by celebrity chef Mario Batali at Marina Bay Sands. But before that, we had an appointment with our gyne, Dr Judy Wong. So we dropped Jolie off at mother-in-law's place and headed out. I love my monthly appointments as I get to see my baby! So I really didn't mind going to the clinic on my birthday as I thought it was the perfect birthday gift to see my baby boy and know that he's growing healthy and strong. KISS!!


After the doctor's appointment we headed to lunch. The place was surprisingly nice and cosy, filled with noisy weekday lunch crowd. Even before our food arrived we greedily gobbled down their complimentary appetisers, these delicious parmesan crisps!


We ordered to our heart's desire, from:
Bone marrow al forno $18
Prosciutto di Parma & Bufala mozzarella $32
Their famous wood fire oven pizza with fennel sausage, panna, red onion & scallions $28
Butterscotch budino, Maldon sea salt & rosemary pine nut cookies $16
Caramel copetta with marshmallow sauce & salted Spanish peanuts $16


Overall the food was quite good, the pizza dough was delicious, but I didn't really like the fennel flavour on the sausages. Their desserts wasn't very impressive either, but overall it was an enjoyable experience. If we go back, I think I would just stick to just pizza. :)

After our delicious lunch, I wanted to go hunt for some art materials as I wanted to make a name plate for my baby boy's bedroom, so we headed down to Bras Basah Complex, where we found this place called Art Friend. The place was amazing! You can find almost anything you need for an art project. We got the plate and stickers there, but the glittery alphabets I got from Popular Bookstore.

This is the completed look, nice? :)


Well that's about that. Apart from being hit on by an uncle at a foodcourt after shopping for arts supplies. Urgh... Cobby was buying drinks for me and this uncle sitting at the opposite table suddenly just smiled at me and asked me if "I'm from Singapore?" Erm...
1) do I look foreign?
2) even if I'm not, why do you ask? Do I look like a foreign woman you can hit on?
3) if you are hitting on me, that's super inappropriate! Can't you see that I'm pregnant? Or you didn't see my giant tummy beneath the table?

I gave him a disgusted-WTF-DUH look and ignored his question. When Cobby came back, I think he realised that I was not alone and took his food and moved to another seat. Eww... Cobby wasn't very pleased when I told him what happened but it's alright, no harm done. Haha... You know, as you grow older, I feel that you appreciate the thought more than the material stuff like presents and parties. It was a simple birthday celebration, which I totally enjoyed. After spending a peaceful afternoon with my hubby, I went home and hugged my baby girl, all the while having a baby boy inside me. What more can I ask?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment