Sunday 16 September 2012

Mid Autumn Festival 2012

Read in the news somewhere that there's going to be a Mid Autumn Festival celebrations at the Singapore River. So I thought it would be nice to bring our little family out for the evening.

We ate dinner at Waraku @ The Central and it was quite awesome as we were given window seats facing the Singapore River. Interestingly, sitting in a booth behind us were Mediacorp artist Patricia Mok and some guy with old man's colonge.

After dinner the skies started to darken and we started strolling along the river. We started the stroll with a little after dinner dessert, Hokkaido ice cream! It wasn't as rich and creamy as I would liked it, but Jolie liked it. Well, I don't know any chocolate ice cream that she didn't like.

I don't know if it's because I was pregnant, or was it freaking HOT and HUMID!? I was feeling quite uncomfortable and sticky all over and the lame lanterns weren't exactly impressive. Then we walked across the bridge and saw this old-school carnival horse game. You roll wooden balls into holes in order to get your horse to move. When your horse crosses the line, you win! Haha... I can't believe that Cobby never played this game before, it's quite common in old fashion pasar-malam and carnivals! So nostalgic.

By the time our turn came, there's no one else to play with, so we bought two tickets. Me VS Cobby and Jolie. Jolie won the first round because my horse wasn't working! So the guy gave us another chance to play and I won the second round. Heehee... Sorry, my competitive streak showed no mercy, even for my daughter and husband. Whahaha!


Really regretted walking so far! We had to walk all the way back, which was quite a feat for the poor pregnant lady. By the time we got back to the car, we were all sweaty and tired. When we got home, Jolie put her Care Bear on her shoulder, just like how her Dad carried her earlier. So cute...

No comments:

Post a Comment