Sunday 19 August 2012

Dad's Day Out

It's the first Sunday since Dad has been discharged from the dreaded hospital. Cobby wanted to bring Dad to Gardens By The Bay, as promised before he went for his heart operation. But the doctor advised against excessive walking, so I suggest that we postphone it. Instead, Dad called us and asked us out for lunch at the old Hougang hawker centre. I like to call it the Hougang bus interchange or Hougang hawker Centre. But apparently it's renamed Kovan Food Centre now. Blah... We've been calling it Hougang all these years! Gosh, I sound like my Mom, who have a liking for naming places according to the old names in the 60s. Getting old! Haha...

Anyway, I digress. So it was always super nostalgic to go back to that food centre. We grew up living around the area. For lunch we ordered our old favourite of roasted duck and SUPER yummy char siew rice. Jolie wasn't impressed, but I loved it!


After lunch Mom mentioned Gardens by the bay and Dad was all for it, despite my concerns. Sis couldn't make it, so we bade farewell and went separate ways. The weather was super hot and sunny, but we got tickets to the indoor flower dome, which was air-conditioned.


The place was lovely. The guys loved the cactus, Mom and I loved the beautiful flowers. Jolie? Well, she just loved being out and about, running around and playing with pebbles. -_-


I don't really like to take photos lately, as I looked like an orange, but some of the flowers were just too pretty to resist!


We only toured the flower dome due to Dad's recent recovery, my inability to walk around too much and Jolie's need for a nap. But I think it was a great trip. Dad has been experiencing too much doom and gloom lately. Hospitals, doctors, nurses, medicine, etc. A little sunshine, greenery and a cheerful little granddaughter definitely made him feel much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment