Thursday 9 August 2012

Happy National Day 2012

Happy National Day! Actually I was planning to go watch fireworks with Cobby and Jolie, but Cobby's Sis called and said that they want to celebrate Mother-in-law's birthday. When was the actual date? I'm not sure really, but I guess we'll be celebrating National Day at MIL's place this year.

Apparently Cobby's cousins and aunt was there too, so we hung around and watched the live broadcast of the National Day Parade before our steamboat dinner starts.


Let the feast begin! Gosh I look so fat. I want to be in our National colours. :)


After dinner I keep hearing Jolie giggling like mad in the kitchen. When I went to check on her, I realised why. Apparently the naughty girl has been putting stickers all over her grandma while she's helpless washing the dishes! Hahaha...


This year's NDP performance wasn't much, but there has been rumours flying all over the island about the health of our ex MM Lee Kuan Yew. Apparently EVERYBODY have been talking him before National Day. Some say he's critically sick, some even say he's already dead! Mom heard it at the foodcourt, even Dad, stuck in hospital, heard the nurses and patient talking about this.

So the whole nation has been looking forward to see if ex MM Lee would appear at this year's NDP. When he finally appeared, the whole audience broke out into a roaring applause and cheering! I thought he looked very frail, but was very relived to see him too. :)



My favourite part was always the ending part of the parade! Always gives me a lump in my throat. So touching~! I love my Singapore! (>,<)

No comments:

Post a Comment