Friday 29 March 2013

Sassy mouth

Jolie is reaching an age where, sometimes, I don't know how to react to the thibgs she says. Sometimes I don't know if I want to be mad or laugh out loud at the things she say.



She's also very bossy and would always lecture the adults, even when she's wrong! That really pisses me off sometimes. Like the other day, she opened the window while we were in the taxi. I scolded her and asked her not to do that it was raining. In response, (grumble, grumble, grumble. ...)"...mama! Why you make me so mad!!" -_-

I think she learnt to speak like that because of me. When she's lecturing people, she sounded just like me when I'm lecturing her. I know people would say things like "you should be mindful of what you say in front of a child... blah blah blah..." But how!? She's always pushing my buttons with the things she say. Like shouting at her elders, screaming that we were not listening when she's the one who doesn't listen. She would talk angrily and rudely, I would lecture her like any parent would, and in turn she would learn and lecture everyone else, including me. Then I would lecture her again. It's like a vicious cycle! Ahh! I always think back on how quiet and timid I was as a child and wonder why she's not like me. Back then, even if you are right, you keep quiet because you respect your elders! Now, even elders have to give in to this bossy, outspoken little princess no matter how much I lecture and nag. Sigh! But I guess being an outspoken person isn't a bad thing right? :P

There were also moments where she would melt our hearts, like she would whisper "I love you mama" when you least expected it, and it would make us go "awww..." My favorites ones are when she would present us with the strangest love tokens. Just as I was posting this, Jo came out of her room and presented a toy hotdog for her dad and said "papa, I give you this hotdog because I love you." Cobby was so amused and touched and boasted to me, "see? I got hotdog. You have or not? Don't have right? Haha!" Only a parent can appreciate the importance of receiving a masak hotdog from a 4 year old girl...

To wrap things up, a scene from the movie The Back Up Plan always stuck in my mind, as it is a perfect balance of funny and realistic description of parenthood. watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment