Wednesday 20 March 2013

Holiday Baking class!

I didn't want Jolie to just sit around the house the whole week, so I signed up Jolie and I for a baking class. We could always bake at home, but I thought it would be a great opportunity for Jolie and I to spend some quality time alone outside the house and away from Jayden.

We found out about the class from the SmartKids exhibition and I was sold when they told me that one of the locations was at Sembawang Shopping Centre. So near my home! Perfect! So on Wednesday I got my mom to come over to watch Jayden while Jolie and I headed out.

When we got there they dressed us up in aprons and the kids even got a baker's hat! So cute! Wished they would provide one for me too but its only for kids. :P envious... There was 11 people in class, including us and most of them were in pairs of Mommy and daughter or sisters. Only one little girl came alone. Wonder why aren't there any boys interested in baking?

Anyway the cute little girl next to us came alone, so we chat with her and Jolie immediately made another friend. :)


The class was quite fun and the recipe was quite simple, but it took longer then expected and I got a little stressed as I didn't know if Jayden's alright with my Mom. But I thought, there's nothing I could do anyway, so I just tried to enjoy myself and have fun with my Jolie. Nearing the end of the class I noticed the Daddies hoovering outside the classroom window, and I quietly wished that Cobby could join us too. Unfortunately he had to work, so we just have to do something else together another time.

I would definitely recommend this class to little kids and parents! It's fun and best of all, we didn't have to clean up after that. Hahaha... After lunch we headed home and I found my mom asleep in Jayden's room. Turned out that Jayden did give mom a hard time, so I felt a little guilty. But at the same time felt very grateful to have spent a few hours with my girl, definitely worth it.

Check it out! Genius R Us

No comments:

Post a Comment