Wednesday 13 March 2013

Everyone's got problems

When I was a little girl, I would sometimes wish that I was a bird. (A sparrow specifically, they're cuter.) Somehow it seems like life is easier being a little bird. No school, no homework, no chores, just flying around freely. How nice!

When I grow up I realized that even cute little birdies have problems too. They too have to stress about finding food, mate, caring for their young and on top of that, try not to get eaten by a cat. So I guess everyone's got their own set of problems.

I invite alot of envy when people know that I'm a stay home mom. Yes, undeniably, its awesome that I get to be with my babies and be there to watch them grow. But it really piss me off when some envy me for not needing to "work". I work all day and all night. I cook, clean and care for my kids and husband. I work all the time ok.

I don't mind really, but I in turn really envy those working moms. Its like they get the best of both worlds. They get to use their brains and work, hang out with friends and at the end of the day, enjoy time with their kids. But I understand that sometimes it really sucks to be at work too. Hey, I've been there.

Last time, before kids, when the weeks fly by quickly, I would sometimes get this panic in my belly. It would feel like my life's passing by and I'm wasting it away doing stupid meaningless admin work. I would think that maybe I should do something interesting like bungee jumping or something.  Now, the panicky feeling is gone. Instead, I would feel good at the end of a week. I've survived another week and the end result is that my 2 beautiful babies are happy, healthy and 1 week older.

What I'm trying to say is that everyone's got problems. Nobody's life is better or worse than the other. I guess we just have to focus on the good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment