Sunday 22 January 2012

团圆饭2012

Another year has passed and it's once again time for our reunion dinners. This year, Sis came back from Hong Kong to celebrate CNY with us. But Bro on the other hand, had travelled to Hong Kong with his wife and in-laws for CNY. -_- Last year, the whole house was filled with children as sis-in-law brought her niece and nephew over. A family friend also came over with her 3 kids, so it was quite a lively evening. :)

This year we were doing lunch, and it's only my new family, my parents and my sister and brother-in-law. So it was a rather peaceful afternoon as we laze around while my parents cook up a storm in the kitchen. Cobby reads the papers, Bro-in-law played with his iPhone and Sis brought out her calligraphy set. We started to write some auspicious wordings and Jo wanted to try too, so we let her fool around with the ink. We asked her for some numbers, but she doesn't know how to write yet, so I gave her a calender and let her choose. :P


As usual, parents cooked too much food, but I guess it's also an auspicious sign of abundance. "吃不完,吃不完" But we weren't complaining! The food was delicious and decadent!



Even though we were screaming how full we were, after the meal we sat down on the table and started munching on pineapple tarts. Haha... This year we have my Sister's tarts and mine, so Dad and Cobby had to keep munching one after another to decide who's was better. For me, I had to check out the competition right? :P So Dad chose Sis's tarts (Cuz the skin was thinner) while Cobby insisted that mine was better. But everyone agreed that both tasted delicious.

We had our round two reunion dinner with my in-laws. Last year we ate steamboat, but this year Cobby decided to pamper ourselves with a fancy dinner at Jing Restaurant at the beautiful One Fullerton.


Notice that I didn't post ANY photos of the meal? That's because THEY SUCK! OK, to be honest, they don't taste terrible, but for the price we were paying, about S$500+, we were expecting a dining experience nearing, I SAID NEARING HOR, NOT EXPECTING TO BE EXACTLY BUT NEARING ENOUGH to the Tung Lok Signatures dinner we ate in 2009. Thinking about it made me smile.... :P~~

It's about S$100 cheaper, but the difference was unbelievable. The damn S$500+ meal at Jing was comparable to, no, I think a meal at Crystal Jade would be more enjoyable. It's so ordinary, so plain and boring. Other than some expensive ingredients, I couldn't figure out why the meal is so expensive. The rent I guess. Don't eat there. Seriously.

So we finished our unimpressive dinner. Thankfully, the place was situated at an awesome location and the rain stopped just as we finished so we could go walk around and take photos.



As usual, Jolie was excited and uncontrollable. We I, have to keep yelling at her not to run around the wet and slippery floor. She was throwing tantrums and not cooperating when taking photos, etc. Sigh, sometimes I get so tired yelling at her, unfortunately no one else would take over the job. So I have to take on the role of the irritating, stern, over controlling mother who wouldn't stop yelling at her child.

So anyway, we took some photos after much yelling. The girl just wouldn't look at the camera! She's like those 50s women who would look into the distance when they take photos. Why?



So later we headed back to MIL's place and Jolie got into her new PJs! As usual, she got her 压岁 ang pao at the end of the day. So lucky!


So the day ended and we went home with a VERY FULL BELLY. Argh, think need to go easy for the next few days. Eh, cannot hor, tomorrow would be the start of CNY! Nevermind, we'll diet when it's over. Heehee...

No comments:

Post a Comment