Wednesday 4 January 2012

Bee Attack!

It was another ordinary day. Jo has just woke up from her nap and I've finished making dinner. So we headed downstairs to the playground. We were hanging around the exercise area near the void deck when I suddenly noticed that there were dead bees all over the floor! What happened?


It felt very eerie and I had a bad feeling, so I grabbed Jolie and started to walk away. Just as we were leaving, two bees appeared in front of us and one of them landed on Jolie's shorts. O_O Immediately my maternal instinct kicked in and I forgot that I'm terrified of bees. I squat down and very slowly removed Jolie's shorts. Once the shorts were off, I grabbed Jolie's hand and ran like the wind, while frantically waving her shorts in the air, hoping the stupid bee would be gone. Meanwhile Jolie was squealing in delight, laughing like mad, thinking that I'm playing with her.

For me, the nightmare had just begun. I keep hearing this horrible loud buzzing sound and it wasn't until I've reached the void deck did I realise that the horrible sound came from my head.

THE BEE IS ON MY HAIR!!!! OMG!!!

I quickly removed my hair clip and hair band and started shaking my hair like a mad woman. OMG OMG what do I do? I don't dare to touch my hair, so how do I get the bloody monster out? Meanwhile the horrible buzzing continued, so loud near my ears! Finally the bee found it's way out my hair, but it has decided that I'm a threat now, and hovered around me, finding a way to attack me.

In my frantic state of screaming and jumping, I was vaguely aware that there was a man sitting at the void deck chair and two mail ladies, staring at me. I felt so helpless, why can't they help me?! One of the lady asked me what happened in an astonished voice. "A BEE!!!" That was all I could say. Isn't it bloody obvious? Just as the words left my mouth, I felt the bee land on my shoulder and a second later, the inevitable sting. The damn bee left a sack at the end of the sting, pumping venom into my shoulder, so I quickly pinched it out. But the bloody thing is so fine, the stinger was left stuck under my skin.

Now that it's over, I refocused my attention back to my daughter, who was standing there in her panty, bewildered. I put on her shorts with shaky hands and contemplated on whether to go playground or not. I'm in shock, but she wanted to go, so I walked there with wobbly legs and let her go play while I try to calm my senses down. When the adrenaline has subsided, the pain kicked in. Now I know what's the big deal about bee stings.

IT BURNS! OUCH! PAIN!


It's very painful, and it it just keeps on hurting non stop. I want to cry, what if I'm allergic? Am I going to start foaming at the mouth and drop dead? Should I go see a doctor? I hesitated for a long while before heading there, but the pain started to slowly fade away while I wait, and I just feel so stupid to see a doctor for one bee sting. So I left just before it was my turn to see the doc. :P

So that was my very first bee sting. And for the next few weeks I was mentally scarred. I jumped at the sight of any flying insect, and even when there aren't anything flying around, my eyes are constantly roaming around, on alert. Even now, I quiver at the memory of the buzzing sound. Bees, scary stuff. ;(

No comments:

Post a Comment