Wednesday 11 January 2012

Awesome pineapple tarts 2012

I am so awesome. This is the 2nd year I'm making my closed pineapple tarts. Last year, I made it into rabbit shapes. This year is the year of the dragon, but I don't know how am I supposed to make my tarts into dragons, so I've decided to simply things and just make smaller balls.

On the first attempt, I used the old method using the pastry cutter, and it turned out ok. But on the 2nd attempt, I tried using a blender instead, and it was PERFECT! It must be the best pastry I've ever made. The texture was just perfect, and the result?

Best.Tarts.Ever.


I swear it's better than what they are selling outside! The pastry is buttery, not too sweet and literally melts in your mouth! The pineapple filling is slight tangy, so it taste very well balanced. Haha, it was so good, I actually asked mom to give me back the 1st batch so that I could give her the newer and better version. The only "tsk" thing is that I just can't seem to find a nice way to put the tarts in the container! No matter how I adjust, they still looked messy. Aiyah forget it, I'll just say it's rustic and looks home-made. :D


So in total I've made about 120 tarts. 30 for my mom, 30 for my MIL, and the rest for myself. I am awesome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment